Hi3516A - H.265/HEVC Standard HD IP Camera SoC
Hisilicon released Hi3516A SoC (System on Chip) which is based on latest H.265/HEVC standard for high definition IP cameras. The Hi3516A adopted Hisilicon H.265/HEVC algorithm, greatly improved image quality to eliminate motion blur, meanwhile reduced 50% bit-rate without compromising the image quality.
Furthermore, Hi3516A utilizes ARM Cortex-A architect, integrated with Hisilicon's 2nd generation intelligent video analysis unit (IVE2.0) to support license plate recognition, perimeter protection, facial recognition, zone alarm...etc more than 40 different kinds of smart video analysis applications.
Through multi-frame combination WDR and Hisilicon's third generation 3D noise reduction technology, although security cameras work in challenge-able lighting condition, it can still provide excellent images. Hi3516A support up to 5 megapixel real time video encoding, utilizing Hisilicon's advanced network transmission technology, the video latency can be achieved below 100ms.
The advantage of H.265 in security camera
Currently, some security camera manufacturers released Hi3516A + IMX178 camera module which supports 5.0 megapixel resolution at 30fps. This is a standard 38mm x 38mm camera module adopts 1/2" Sony progressive scan CMOS image sensor (IMX178), supports H.265 codec, triple video streaming, and with WDR, Zoom function.
1. Low bandwidth: Adopts H.265 video codec and unique transmission technology to deliver smooth HD video in narrow network bandwidth. In real test, camera utilizes H.265 video transmission to deliver 5.0 megapixel resolution only require 4 Mbps, while H.264 video compression requires 12 Mbps, which is three times larger than H.265.
2. Low storage: Due to low bit-rate, H.265 codec only requires 1/3 storage capacity when compared with traditional IP camera.
3. Low illumination: Because of Sony IMX 178 image sensor, its low illumination performance is quite impressive, it can reach 0.002Lux (Color)/0.001Lux (B/W), even working under dim lighting condition, the camera can capture high definition color images.
4. Triple stream: Simultaneously deliver three different resolution streams, main stream up to 2592x1944, sub-stream is 1920x1080 and 640x360.
Hi3516A + IMX178 Specification
- Image Sensor: 1/2” 5.0 megapixels Progressive Sony IMX178 CMOS
- CPU/Processor: Hisilicon 3516A
- Effective Pixels: 2560(H)x1920(V)
- Scanning System: Progressive
- Electronic Shutter Speed: Auto (1/25 ~ 1/10000s)
- Min. Illumination: 0. 002Lux/F1.2 (Color)/0.001 [email protected] (black and white)
- S/N Ratio: ≥50db(AGC OFF)
- Day/Night: Auto(ICR)/Color/B/W
- WDR: WDR
- White Balance: Auto
- Gain Control: Auto
- Noise Reduction: 3D
- Privacy Masking: Up to 4 areas
- Video Compression: H.264/MJPEG/H.265
- Resolution: 2560X1920/1080P(1920×1080)/960P(1280*960)/720P(1280×720)/D1(704×576)/VGA(640*480)/QVGA(320×240)
- Main Stream Frame: 2560X1920(1 ~ 25/30fps)/ 2048X1536(1 ~ 25/30fps)/ 1920×1080
- Sub Stream Frame: D1/VGA/QVGA(1 ~ 25/30fps)
- Bit Rate: 32KB ~16Mbps; support VBR; CBR
- Text Overlay: Channel; Date & Time; Bit Rate
- Trigger Manual; Automatic(motion detection; alarm; schedule; cycle )
- Alarm data transmission FTP; E-mail; Browser; CMS
- Protocol: TCP/IP, UDP, RTP, RTSP, RTCP, HTTP, DNS, DDNS, DHCP, FTP, NTP, PPPOE, SMTP,U PNP
- ONVIF: ONVIF 2.4
- Max. User Access: 10 users; IE; Google; Firefox
- Smart Phone: Windows Mobile; iPhone; iPad; Android
- Auxiliary Interface: Auido I/O, BNC Video Output, RS422/RS485, USB, Alarm I/O
- USB Support (64G USB flash/WIFI/3G)
- Power Supply: DC12V / PoE (802.3af)
- Power Consumption: <3W
- Working Environment: -20°C~+55°C; Less than 90% RH
- Dimensions: 38 x 38 x 35mm
Sony 5.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor - IMX178
Sony developed back-illuminated structure CMOS image sensor, "IMX178LQJ", supporting three formats of 4:3, 5:4, and 16:9 ratio with type 1/2 in 5M-effective pixel. Adopting back-illuminated structure with 2.4 µm unit pixel and 14 bit ADC, it provides all three advantages of high resolution, high sensitivity, and high dynamic range, which are necessary for security cameras.
Get My Latest Posts
Subscribe to get the latest updates.
Your email address will never be shared with any 3rd parties.