How to install smoke/gas detectors
A) Wired or wireless smoke detector
This smoke detector detects smoke by a couple of infrared diodes, which is suitable for detecting the smoke in house, shop, hotel, restaurant, office building, school, bank, library and storehouse etc.
Due to this article is focusing on installation of gas detector, please check following article for installation of smoke detector:
B) Wired or wireless gas detector
1. Please confirm the induced gas is heavier than air, or lighter than air. The gas is heavier than air: LPG etc. The gas is lighter than air: Natural gas, marsh gas and etc.
2. Choosing the suitable position to install the detector according to the gas specific gravity. Detecting the gas heavier than air: Installation height from floor: 0.3-100m, Semi-diameter to gas source: <1.5m; Detecting the gas lighter than air: Installation height from ceiling: 0.3-1.0m, Semi-diameter to gas source: <1.5m
3. Fix the screw into the wall firmly, then hang the detector.
4. Avoid installing the detector close to the following sources of interference: Direct air flow from vents, fans, doors, windows, sources of steam, oil vapor...etc.
5. All wires installation must accord with the National and Local effective laws and criteria. The wires must have the suitable size and colorful marks for avoiding connecting error. And unsuitable connection of wires will result in the alarm error while leaking happened.
6. Test: to test the installed detector while using independently or in network, you can give some gas around in distance of 5cm to the gas convection holes by using un-ignition lighter. Testing frequently may result in reducing the sensitivity of the detector. The alarm density of gas is set according with the criteria of national standard. The detector will stop alarm and resume to the detecting state while the gas density reduced to lower than the alarm level. The alarm output switches can connect with the hardwired alarm system.
7. Maintenance: The user must brush and clean the gas convection holes with a little cleanser every three months, and must retest the detector after cleaning for preventing the cleanser into the detector.
8. Handle the alarm: The gas detector alarms while the gas density in air exceed the alarm level. The relative handle as below:
a. Shut down the tube valve right away.
b. Open the window and make the air flow rapidly.
c. Extinguish all fire sources and do not use anything can make fire: eg. lighters, matches,,, etc.
d. Avoiding open or close the power all kinds of electric equipment.
e. Check the reason of gas leaking, and notify the relative departments and professional person in time.
C) If you want to connect gas detector to hardwired alarm system, then connection diagram as below: